This is a wonderful light (not low calorie) dessert. I love strawberries and so does my husband. If it has strawberries, he'll eat it. This dessert is extremely ease and like all Taste of Home recipes it's tried and true. If you also like strawberry desserts this one is for you!
Yield: 12-15 Servings 20
- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 36 squares)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
1 package (8 ounces) Philadelphia® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cartons (one 16 ounces, one 8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over the prepared crust.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in yogurt and 6 cups of whipped topping until blended. Pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over strawberry layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over whipped topping. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Cream Dessert in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p37