This cake is so moist and light in texture. The sour cream added to the recipe makes it moist. The frosting has cream cheese in it that makes it less sweet. Definitely the best frosting for this type of cake. A great cake for everyday or if your planning dinner with friends.
1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup oil
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 pkg. (16 oz.) powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
1 cup Planter's Walnut pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, bananas, sour cream and oil with mixer on low until moistened, scraping bottom of bowl often. Best on medium 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured 9X13 inch pan. Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely in pan on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and butter with mixer on medium until blended.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Remove cake from pan. Carefully cut cake crosswise in half using serrated knife.
- Place 1 cake half, top-side down, on plate; spread top with frosting. Top with remaining cake half, top-side sup.
- Frost top and sides. Press nuts onto sides. Refrigerate leftovers. Sprinkle top with additional chopped nuts.
This is a wonderful dessert.....enjoy!!!
If you are looking for more cake and frosting ideas, check out
"My Pins" on...