Strawberry Dessert Pizza
What a fun dessert! This recipe originally called for using one (18 oz.) tube of refrigerated sugar cookie dough. I'm sure you can still use store bought. But, I made it with my own sugar cookie recipe. I found it on Pinterest oh so many years ago. Ever since then this recipe is my go to sugar cookie recipe. The recipe makes enough for a dessert pizza and about two dozen cut out cookies. So enough for dessert and cookies for those in our household with a sweet tooth...
Strawberry Dessert Pizza
Yield 16 servings
1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough or Sugar Cookie Recipe below
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
4 cups assorted fresh fruit such as sliced strawberries, kiwi, bananas or peaches; blueberries or raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For crust shape cookie dough into a ball. Place dough in center of medium round stone with handles; flatten slightly with palm of hand.
- Using lightly floured rolling pin, roll out dough to 12 inch circle, about1/4 inch thick.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown, cool 10 minutes.
- Carefully loosen cookie from stone using bread knife. Cool completely.
- For topping, combine cream cheese and sugar in Small Batter Bowl; mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly over top of cookie.
- Slice strawberries, peeled kiwi, or bananas using slicer, and slice peaches using Paring Knife. Arrange fruit over cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate. Cut into 16 wedges with Pizza Cutter.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Homemade Rolled Sugar Cookie Recipe
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsps. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely before frosting.
I like to use butter cream frosting on my cookies, thinned out a little.
This recipe makes the best buttercream.
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. margarine or butter
4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla (I use clear vanilla to keep the frosting as white
as it can be)
1/2 tsp. almond extract
milk (add a little at a time to the consistency that you want
- Beat shortening and margarine until the color is almost white. This will take a few minutes
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, almond extract and about a scant 1/4 cup milk and beat until blended. Add more milk to get to your consistency. Remember a little milk goes a long way. Add milk by tablespoons.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm just loving updating my Cafe' Hoffy. I started this blog about 10 years ago, but got busy. Now I have plenty of time to add and update old posts. If you are interested in any of the other Cafe' Hoffy posts below, just click on them and you will be redirected to that post. You can also click on "More Recipes" or "More Crafts"...
Knitted Cable Vest Cinnamon Rolls (like Cinnabon)
Like everyone else, I collect "Pins" on Pinterest. There are a lot of different subjects that interest me and I might use in the future. You can visit my "Dessert Board" on Pinterest for more great ideas...
Also, visit my "Other Boards" by clicking on the Pinterest Logo or my picture for thousands, and mean thousands of great recipes and ideas...
Here are a few "Pins" from Pinterest that relate to my post...
Apple Dessert Pizza Apple Snickerdoodle Cookie Pizza
Caramel Apple Crisp Pizza Lots of Fruit Pizza
M&M Brownie Dessert Pizza M&M Cookie Pizza
Well, another post updated. I hope you enjoyed my post on Dessert Pizzas...until next time...