Aren't we always looking for a great appetizer? Pinwheels and rollups are a great appetizer idea. This recipe from Pampered Chef is definitely a keeper. They are easy to make and everyone loves them. There are hundreds of great rollups. This post has a few of those great rollups and pinwheels. From beef to salami to chicken ranch and Italian deli style rollups. If you're looking for some appetizers that will be the star of the appetizer table, I'm sure one of these will fit the bill.
Here are a few posts from Cafe' Hoffy for more ideas...either food or craft.
Roast Beef Roll-Ups & BLT Dip
Ingredients:8 oz cream cheese spread
3-4 tsp prepared horseradish
8 (6-in.) flour tortillas
6 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 lb thinly sliced deli roast beef (8 slices)
- Combine cream cheese spread and horseradish in a small mixing bowl; mix well. For each roll-up, spread tortilla evenly with 2 T. (30 mL) of the cream cheese mixture. Top with tomatoes, cucumber, onion and roast beef. Roll up tortilla tightly.
- Wrap filled tortillas individually in plastic wrap. Refrigerate, seam side down, 30 minutes. Cut each roll-up crosswise into thirds and serve on Medium Bamboo Platter.
Along with the roast beef rollups, the BLT Dip is a great compliment to your appetizers.
Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Dip
Yields approximately 2 1/2 cups of dip
Prep time: 15 min. | Chill time: 3 hours
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup ranch
1 medium tomato, seeded and diced (about 3/4 cup)
6 bacon slices, crisply cooked, drained and chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon sugar
- Place cream cheese in a medium bowl. Gradually stir in dressing; mix well
- Remove seeds from tomato and dice it. Reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish. Finely chop bacon, celery, and onion. Add tomato, bacon, celery, onion, and sugar to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- To serve, line a bowl with lettuce leaves. Fill with dip. Garnish with reserved tomato. Serve with bread, crackers, or crudités.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My last few posts were on cakes...all kinds of cakes. This one is on another fun party food, rollups and pinwheels. Oh how many times I've made rollups. Sometimes I think I should bring something else, but the rollups are usually the first thing to go. So, I just bring different kinds of rollups now. Same assembly, but with different ingredients and always a crowd pleaser.
I have many really good recipes on Cafe' Hoffy. I also have many craft ideas. I love crafting. My favorite craft or needle art is crocheting. I've been crocheting all my life, or since my Grandmother taught me. If you're interested in really good recipes or new craft ideas you can check them out by clicking on the "More Recipes" or "More Crafts" below.
I love Pinterest. If you are a follower of mine, you probably already know that. I've collected over 13,000 pins. Great recipes and cute, cute crafts that hopefully I will be able to do at some point in time. I love cooking, so recipes are a given, and when I see something that might be cute for a holiday I tuck it away on my "Holiday Board". If you might be interested in more appetizers, you can visit my "Appetizer Board" on Pinterest.
Also, there are thousands of great pins on my "Other Boards" by clicking on my picture or the Pinterest logo below...
I thought I would add a few of my pins on "Appetizers" below. If interested, just click on any of the pictures and it will take you to the original author's post. Also, I have added some "Boom" sauce. A great compliment to the sandwiches.
Salami Rollups Ranch BLT Rollups
Italian Sub Rollups Italian Deli Rollups
French Dip Rollups Boom Sauce
I hope you enjoyed this post. So many variations for rollups or pinwheels to choose from. All delicious and easy to make. Until next time...