Oh how I love cake! And, of course so does my husband and family. His favorite cake is coconut. In my past life I was a cake decorator. I made hundreds of cakes and cupcakes for every occasion. My home usually smelled like a bakery, especially on Friday when everyone came to pick up their special occasion cake.
This cake is definitely a keeper! This one has a layer of cherry jam that is so delicious. You could use any jam, I used raspberry, my favorite. It doesn't matter which one you use they all are wonderful. A real winner for the whole family, holidays, birthdays and just any day...
1 pkg white cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1 tsp almond extract or coconut extract
3/4 cup cold milk
1 pkg white chocolate or vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 container (8 oz. ) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/3 cup cherry, peach, raspberry or any jam you like
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cooking spray on 2 10" round cake pans. Flour the pans for a quick release of cake. You can also use parchment paper to line the bottom of the pans, but be sure to spray sides of pans with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, adding almond or coconut extract.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around edge of cake pans. Cool cake completely. Remove cakes from pans; discard parchment paper.
- Place one cake on cake plate. Top with frosting, then with preserves. Place second cake on top of frosting and frost completely. Sprinkle with coconut
- Combine milk, pudding mix and powdered sugar. Whisk 1-2 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread jam over bottom half of cake. Spread 1 cup (250 mL) of the frosting over jam. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread sides and top of cake with remaining frosting. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate 1 hour. Serve using Beaded Cake/Pie Server.
Yield: 16 servings
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I tend to have a lot of photos on my website. I'm a very visual person and love bright, lively colors. Pictures or photos stir people's imaginations. It also motivates people to try something new, especially when someone else tries a recipe and comments that it's so good, or tries a craft because they saw a picture that made them want to try making the craft.
If you are interested in seeing more Cafe' Hoffy posts, just click on the "More Recipes" or "More Crafts" buttons below. You will be directed to the indexes for each category.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I absolutely love Pinterest! It's like a large magazine. A very LARGE magazine. I was always a magazine clipper. I had file folders filed with recipes and ideas for decorating, crafts, makeup and a whole bunch of other things. Now we have this large magazine at our fingertips whenever we want to see that idea that caught our eyes. I add Pinterest "Pins" that I feel relate to the post I'm writing. If you're interested in more great cakes, visit my "Cake Board". There's lots and lots of great cake recipes.
I have collected thousands of great pins over the years and in January I sorted them all and categorized each and every one of them. I know, I'm a little bit crazy! LOL! But now when I need something I can put my finger on it in an instant. We can now carry all those magazine clips with us where ever we go. It's a great thing! If you would like to see all the great pins I have collected, you can visit my "Other Boards" by clicking on either the Pinterest logo or my picture. You will be redirected to all those great pins!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Well that's it for one of my favorite foods...CAKE! So many kinds to choose from and so little time to make all of them. But, most of these I have tried and they are great. The one I love the best, besides the Coconut Cake is the Lemon Blueberry cake. It is so moist and so good...if you are going to try any of these, try the Lemon Blueberry cake first. You won't be disappointed!