- Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge both sides in four. Heat 3 T. oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat. Once oil is hot, add chicken and saute' until golden brown. Work in batches if needed so you don't crowd your pan. There is no need to cook the chicken through, as it will finish cooking in the oven. Move chicken to a 9X13 baking pan.
- Scrap your pan and wipe with paper toweling. Add 3 T. of oil and saute' mushrooms and onions until tender and lightly browned. Add garlic and saute' for another 1 to 2 minutes. Spread the onions, mushrooms and garlic over the browned chicken in the baking dish.
- Once again, wipe out your large skillet and add the 3 T. of butter. Once melted add the 3 T. of flour and cook until lightly browned. This is the roux for your sauce. You can tell it's just right when you smell the fragrance of pie crust cooking.
- Add 1 1/2 C. of chicken broth and lemon juice and stir until it begins to thicken. Salt and pepper to taste. Once thicker, add 1 C. half and half or 1/2 C. heavy cream and 1/2 C. milk. I added 1/2 C. sour cream also. Stir until smooth. Once again season to taste.
- Pour sauce over chicken and mushrooms and cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Thanks Natasha's Kitchen for this great recipe. We will definitely serve it again!!!
Here are a few Cafe' Hoffy posts that you might be interested in. Also, the links below will take you to all of Cafe' Hoffy posts. Just click on the category that you are interested in..."Crafts" or "Recipes"...
You can also visit my "Other Boards" by clicking on the Pinterest Logo or my picture for thousands of great recipes and ideas to make and give...