This year I decided to make some apple butter. My co-worker told me that she had a wonderful crock pot apple butter recipe. I took her recipe and also looked on Pinterest to see if there were any other recipes that incorporated cranberries. I found one on Pinterest. This recipe is so good. I put both recipes together and came up with a very yummy apple butter. I bought some of those wonderful apples and I had some left over cranberries from my Cranberry Orange Bread with Yogurt and decided to add them to the apple butter to give it a little different taste.
- Core and chop apples; do not peel
- Place apples, cranberries, cranberry juice in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for about 4-5 hours.
- Puree in sieve, food mill, food processor or and immersion blender.
- Return mixture to crock pot and add maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt and vanilla.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 to 2 hours
Remove lids and bands with tongs and make sure the rims of the jelly jars are very clean. Wipe them down good with paper toweling. You want to make sure their seal will be good. Also wipe down the lids. Place the lids and then the bands onto the jars. Don't over tighten.