- 2 small oranges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
Directions1. Grate zest from 1 orange into a small bowl. Cut peel from both oranges and slice flesh into segments; set aside. Squeeze juice from membranes into bowl with zest. Whisk in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, soy sauce, honey and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Toast walnuts for 5 minutes or until fragrant; remove from heat.
3. Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Season scallops with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Saute 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
4. Toss orange segments, walnuts, red onion and spinach with dressing. Place 1-1/2 cups salad on each plate and top with scallops.