Scallop & Orange Salad
I love seafood scallops...such a wonderful taste and texture. Add a few ingredients to them and you have a wonderful salad. This one looks like a real winner for a light summer dinner.
I just posted another salad that I really love. It's a "Grilled Romaine with blue cheese and hot bacon vinaigrette. I think if you added the scallops to this salad it would be a wonderful add on.
Here's the link to the "Grilled Romaine salad"... If you like the Scallop and Orange Salad, you will love the grilled romaine one too!
- 2 small oranges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
- Grate zest from 1 orange into a small bowl. Cut peel from both oranges and slice flesh into segments; set aside. Squeeze juice from membranes into bowl with zest. Whisk in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, soy sauce, honey and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Toast walnuts for 5 minutes or until fragrant; remove from heat.
- Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Season scallops with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Saute 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Toss orange segments, walnuts, red onion and spinach with dressing. Place 1-1/2 cups salad on each plate and top with scallops.