I love seafood scallops...such a wonderful taste and texture. Add a few ingredients to them and you have a wonderful salad. This one looks like a real winner for a light summer dinner.
I just posted another salad that I really love. It's a "Grilled Romaine with blue cheese and hot bacon vinaigrette. I think if you added the scallops to this salad it would be a wonderful add on.
Here's the link to the "Grilled Romaine salad"... If you like the Scallop and Orange Salad, you will love the grilled romaine one too!
Scallop & Orange Salad
- 2 small oranges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
- Grate zest from 1 orange into a small bowl. Cut peel from both oranges and slice flesh into segments; set aside. Squeeze juice from membranes into bowl with zest. Whisk in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, soy sauce, honey and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Toast walnuts for 5 minutes or until fragrant; remove from heat.
- Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Season scallops with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Saute 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Toss orange segments, walnuts, red onion and spinach with dressing. Place 1-1/2 cups salad on each plate and top with scallops.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Having a blog is a fun way to put your favorite things down in one place for you and also for other like- minded people. I love cooking and crafting. Good recipes are meant to share...and I'm trying my best to get them out there. I'm adding more Cafe' Hoffy posts below. Again, it's always fun to share. If you are interested in seeing more from Cafe' Hoffy, just click on the "More Recipes" or "More Crafts" to be redirected to more great food recipes and fun craft ideas...
Like so many others, I collect "Pins" on Pinterest. I don't even know how I kept all my recipes and craft ideas straight over the years. Pinterest has given us one really organized place to put all those ideas that we hope to get to someday. Also, we can now carry our recipes with us at all times. It really comes in handy at the grocery store. No more notes. Between Google grocery list and Pinterest, I never forget anything anymore.
Below you will find a few "Pins" that relate to seafood. If you are interested, you can visit my "Seafood Boards" under my "Food Boards" for more great recipes. Also, I have organized my "Other Boards" so that anyone could find whatever they are looking for. If you have a moment, you might want to check them out. Just click on the Pinterest logo or my picture and you will be redirected to my "Other Boards".
Pinterest Seafood Pins...
Well, another post finished. A lot of seafood recipes and a few posts from Cafe' Hoffy. I do hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it. Until next time...
Always remember..."Life's short, eat dessert first!"