I love working with chicken. It's lower in calories and better for you than beef. This recipe is easy, easy, easy. You can save it for that special occasion, or as a week night treat. Add the vegetable of your choice, a light salad and either rice pilaf or baby reds and you have a wonderful meal.2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded into cutlets
salt and black pepper
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/4 cup dry white cooking wine
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. drained capers
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
fresh lemon slices
chopped fresh parsley
- Season cutlets with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour.
- Coat a saute pan with nonstick spray, add oil, and heat over medium-high. Saute cutlets 2-3 minutes on one side. Flip cutlets over and saute the other side, covered, 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer cutlets to a warmed platter; pour off fat from the pan.Deglaze pan with wine and add minced garlic.
- Cook until garlic is slightly brown and liquid is nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add broth, lemon juice, and capers.
- Return cutlets to pan and cook on each side for 1 minute.
- Transfer cutlets to warm plates.
- Finish sauce with butter and lemons. Once butter melts, pour sauce over cutlets.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Makes: 2 servings
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm just loving updating my Cafe' Hoffy. I started this blog about 10 years ago, but life got in the way. Now I have plenty of time to add and update old posts. If you are interested in any of the Cafe' Hoffy posts below just on them and you will be redirected to that post.
Also, if you are looking for more posts, just click on "More Recipes" or "More Crafts" to be redirected to the menu for each category.
I also collect "Pins" on lots of different subjects that interest me. You can visit my "Chicken Boards" on Pinterest for more great ideas...
You can also visit my "Other Boards" by clicking on the Pinterest logo or my picture for thousands of great recipes and ideas...
Here are a few "pins" from Pinterest that relate to my post.
Well, that's it for today...hope you enjoyed my post on Chicken Piccata...
Always remember..."Life's short, eat dessert first!"