This is a not only beautiful to look at, but wonderful to eat...
14 chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups strawberries
White chocolate curls
- Fresh mint sprigs
1. In food processor, finely chop together cookies and pecans. Add melted butter; pulse until crumbs begin to hold together. Press mixture over bottom and up sides of 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
2. Sprinkle gelatin over cream in small bowl. Let stand until gelatin is softened, about 5 minutes. With electric mixer, beat cream cheese in medium-size bowl until smooth. Add cream-gelatin mixture; beat just until smooth. Transfer to small saucepan. Add white baking chocolate; cook, stirring, over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved, chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, about 4 minutes. Pour into tart crust. Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours or until firm, or overnight.
3. Hull strawberries; rinse. Halve some of berries. Remove side of tart pan. Mound berries in center of tart. Garnish with chocolate curls and mint sprigs. Makes 12 servings. Enjoy!